Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-06-2014, 05:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Season 14 General Discussion | What do you want to happen in Season 14?

What would we like to happen in season 14?

First off, eli needs to go. enough already.

Last edited by kaleidocat; 09-28-2014 at 04:07 PM Reason: title edit so this is the general season 14 discussion as well.
Forwood4Bamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 06:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I'd like a fun senior skip day plot. They haven't done one of those for a senior class yet. A majority of the seniors have some kind of friendship with each other so I think it'd be fun to see them together having fun for a day.
ihavealife2uknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2014, 09:10 AM
Part-Time Fan

triles

[/thread]
Astroman129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2014, 09:11 PM
New Fan

Triles yesssssssss.
And Miles and some sort of redemption - maybe he could stop being a rich jerk.
And Tristian doing something besides scoping out hot guys who are way to old for him.
OhSoDisturbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 05:24 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i would like no more love triangles of any sort.
Old 07-23-2014, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoDisturbed (View Post)
And Miles and some sort of redemption
I am sure that he will be given plenty of screen time to do just that.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 05:24 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhSoDisturbed (View Post)
Triles yesssssssss.
And Miles and some sort of redemption - maybe he could stop being a rich jerk.
And Tristian doing something besides scoping out hot guys who are way to old for him.
and more zoemund
Old 07-29-2014, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I want to see Tristan being written as more than just a stereotype and I would like Maya to find out the truth as far Zig dealing pills because she's made him into something that doesn't exist in my opinion.
Shipper Of: Holly J Sinclair and Declan Coyne, Degrassi's Power Couple, Sean Cameron and Emma Nelson, JT and Liberty, Drew and Bianca, Miles and Maya, Rob and Kristen Maddie and Wes, Riley and Lucas, Josh and Maya and Chuck and Blair, Jesse McKenna and Becca Thatcher and Simone and Eric Daniel and Noa, Max and Liz, Nikolas and Gia, Monse and Cesar and Ariana and Pete, Josh and Donna and Spencer and Trina, Miles and Lola
Holland Fan Forever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 03:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Now that season 13 is over...

Some more progression with the Zig/Maya pairing. If not them finally being together then I would like to see Zig try to move on to somebody else for a bit. I can appreciate the slow pace with them, but I also don't want to see Zig sitting around waiting for her for another full season.

Jenna to get one last legit storyline. Not necessarily some multi-ep drama filled arc but something more than what she got in season 13. She was way underused this season.

Clare's pregnancy to be legit and not just a scare.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

Keep in mind that season 14 will still continue with the same school year. Which means, it's more than likely it will start with the students coming back to start their final term, after the week long break they've had. (As it's happened before.)

That being said, in Degrassi timeline, Triles will still be very hot and fresh. By fall, most fans will have had time to take it in and adjust, but Miles' and Tristans' kiss being only a week fresh at the start of the new season will prove interesting. I really hope the first half focus' on Miles coming to terms with himself. By the way he handled it with Chewy, I'm really hoping that means they're going for another route asides being a secret and scared like they did with Riley. Tristan has been out and proud from the start, and Miles seems like the type that truly doesn't care what about people think so it would work. I'm not even asking for a coming out storyline, it would be nice just for it to fall naturally and if they decide to date people just will go "ok...?" And soon forget it and go about their own lives.

Which brings me to my next desire: Tristan and Maya to recoil. Yes, Tristan now knows what a creep Yates really was, but now potentially with Miles, I can most certainly see Tristan being vandictive towards Maya with it, who is still in love with Miles herself. That would just be another boring love triangle that we don't need or want.

Speaking of which, it would be quite interesting for Yates to have been cleared and return teaching and still interested in Tristan and have Tris still falll for his manipulations and maybe even contract some form of STD? Though I also don't want anything to mess with how great Triles could be...

I want hardly any focus to be on ZAYA. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say when the idea of Zaya was first formed we were all routing, but they are so dragged out and washed up at this point that I have lost any interest and would much rather Maya remain single to be able to focus on herself while Zig moving on with Zoe.

It would also be nice for Cam to actually get mentioned by name while also filling in other characters like Miles and Zoe about what exactly happened.

Like Clare becoming the new Emma, and Maya the new Clare, I wouldn't be apposed to Frankie (Miles's sister) becoming the new main girl in prep for when Maya's class graduates.

Lastly, it's the final season of some beloved characters, so the spotlight should really be on them. I wanna see more of Jenna, Ali, and the others before they go, but Clare and Drew are going to steal the spotlight with their own plots as usual and the next we'll see Jenna and the rest will be in graduation caps.

Overall, It would just be nice to have a season that focused on actual teen issues and not just teen relationships and related drama. Season 12 was fantastic with that. Maya being insecure about her boobs, Cam's depression (before any sort of a relationship was involed.) etc. Season 13 sadly dropped that to once again focus all on relationships. Even something like Clares cancer or Adam dying still was related or somehow had their relationships involed. Degrassi tends to follow an every other season of greatness theme. S10 was amazing (Remember Boiling Point?) and a great direction for the new generation, S11 was just complete crap that was all about relationships, S12 was very refreshing and showed Degrassi still had it if they tried, but S13 slightly fell short in that department. Another example would be the view episodes that focused on Miles' home life. While brillant, they still decided to take the relationship route with it all and have an Matlinsworth fest. I really hope S14 improves!

Last edited by Xhin; 07-31-2014 at 10:36 AM
Xhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Master Fan

I want Connor to have A plot and Jenna to have a A plot.
I want triles. I want maya to see single and being free. Matlingworth over
forever ! I want Clare to have her baby and take care of her baby
Old 07-31-2014, 04:38 PM
Master Fan

I want the seniors to graduate and at least get a semi-good ending.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:50 AM
Elite Fan

Moderator of ...
Degrassi

Two things.

We know there's going to be a new batch of characters introduced when the seniors go. And we know one or two of those will become more significant than the others almost right away. Please make one of them someone of color.

And for the love of all that is holy, please, I beg you, do not have the characters sing anymore unless they're part of a band. And even then those performances should be few and far between.

Credit to the one and only kaleidocat for the avatar
JustMe2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Addicted Fan

This isn't so much a storyline, but graduation. It'd be cool to use it as an opportunity to bring some old faces in for a guest appearance one last time. People like Jake, Sav, Dave, KC, Wesley, Fiona, Bianca who have ties to this years graduating class. Of course I don't expect everybody but one or two old faces would be cool to see.

And I hope Matlingsworth doesn't drag on forever. Since Triles is now canon, I'm sure it'll be a bump in the road for Maya and Tristan's friendship but I hope however it plays out they don't try to rub it in each others faces.

Last edited by ihavealife2uknow; 09-06-2014 at 06:48 PM
Old 09-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Passionate Fan

More Grace and Tiny. I really like their characters and I'd like to see them become main characters once the current seniors graduate.

Less love triangles. Or at least less focus on them and more focus on actual issues/other plots. Relationships don't always have to be romantic - that's why Emma and Manny's friendship (and fallouts) worked as well as it did.

Also, we tend to get these glimpses of potential friendships (Imogen and Bianca, for example. Or Katie and Clare, Dave and Tristan, Sav/Adam/Eli, etc.) but they're never quite fleshed out and it would be nice if the writers would throw these kinds of pairings together more often and develop interesting storylines from there.
Reply   Post New Thread